Friday 30 November 2012

Friday Finds

Today was beautifully sunny and frosty so, first thing after breakfast, I bundled myself and the little one up and we headed out to the Friday Market that's held here in town. I love to stroll around the market with a caramel latte and rummage through the stalls, you never know what you might find. This morning my inner magpie must have been coming through as I seemed to be drawn to shiny things.


I found these two jugs and sugar bowls and thought they would be perfect for decorating at Christmas. I try to only buy things which will actually have uses, rather than just look pretty (the exceptions to this rule are shells and flowers) and although I don't plan to use them for their original purpose I could see how they could be used in other ways.


I'll be having guests over to stay at Christmas and these could be used to brighten up the guest room. They could sit on the dresser and hold toiletry essentials or flowers.

I love to use things which sparkle or shine at Christmas. The reflective surfaces catch the light, whether winter sun or evening candle light, and makes the room just a little bit brighter. Anything that makes the long winter nights a little less dark is a good thing!

Enjoy your winter weekend, and don't forget your advent calender on Saturday!

Coco Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your messages and will try to answer any question you may have, so please, ask away!