Friday 26 April 2013

Bureau de Change

Firstly - I have to apologise, I have a terrible weakness for puns, word play and the like, so please excuse the post title.

Now that another of my secrets is out of the way here's what I am showing you this week - said Bureau:




You may recognise it from my master bedroom post, where I told you it would be looking for a new home. Well we haven't found the new home yet, but a few more options have opened up for it now that it's had a little bit of paint and attention.

Without wishing to sound predictable this bureau was found on a cold grey Saturday several years ago, languishing (rather unloved I felt) in the corner of a charity shop. I felt compelled to rescue it as I was looking for a small desk with storage for my teeny tiny living room and I liked the dark wood and the price tag. Home it came with me (or rather, with the hubby as what I invariably do on these occasions is find a piece of furniture, fall in love, buy it, then place a call to Mr Coco Blue asking him ever so nicely if he wouldn't mind picking it up for me. He's always thrilled to receive these calls, as you can imagine!)







So home it came with me and for a while it did service as a desk/craft stuff holder and then when we moved house it shuffled around the flat playing host to everything from drinks to junk to clothes, until finally coming to rest in the master bedroom possibly due to inertia. As it was looking somewhat unloved and the worse for wear after a mishap with a kitten it had a bit of emergency surgery and then a rejuvenating facelift. Now it just needs a loving home to rest in, happy to show of its new colours with pride.









As a side note, Mr CB expressed some reservations about the drawers being a different colour to the body of the bureau. Now personally I rather like the contrast but I'd love to know what others think!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great weekend!


Coco Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your messages and will try to answer any question you may have, so please, ask away!