Wednesday 5 December 2012

Simple Christmas Decoration - Mini Tree


With our first dusting of snow this morning in these parts I've started adding a few little Christmas decorations around the house and one of them is this simple idea for making those small conifers you can buy in the supermarket (the ones that come with a foil wrap and the mini present decorations sticking out) look just a little bit nicer.


I had some of the ticking fabric left over from the blanket box make over, so I cut a square of fabric large enough to wrap the plant pot and tied it up with some white string I had to hand to keep the feel quite homespun. You could also use ribbon or more rustic twine and fabrics could be velvets or patterns or even a tea towel.


A pair of these mini trees, with a few sparkly baubles piled in a silver dish in between, makes a lovely display for a shelf or mantelpiece, it could even be the centre piece for a festive table. These sorts of decorations, which don't take a lot of time or money are perfect for me right now with a six month old to run around after!

I'm hoping to get the rest of my decorations and tree up this weekend, then it will really begin to look a lot like Christmas around here :)

Coco Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your messages and will try to answer any question you may have, so please, ask away!