Friday 28 December 2012

Plans for 2013

The last few weeks have been rather busy at CB HQ. Between getting ready for Christmas and running around after a 6 month old time really got away from me and some posts I had intended to write just never happened. Ah well, such is life!
But now that Christmas is behind us and the New Year looms I am starting to think of what I want to achieve in the coming months, and to look back on the things that have happened in 2012.

2012 was a very busy and exciting year for me personally. I had the birth of my daughter in June and all the months leading up to that were full of planning, organising and getting ready for her arrival.
The months after have been a complete blur of learning how to do this whole parenting thing and adapting the way we live to accommodate all the needs of a little one as well as still get things done. We did manage to get a few things done around the house all the same. We changed our bath and bathroom taps, changed the flooring in the hallway, living room and bathroom, stripped, re-plastered and repainted the hallway, repainted the living room (this one I did alone with a three month old!) primed and painted two 8ft tall bookcases (this one i did while 7 months pregnant) and have made some other smaller changes to furniture layout and hanging pictures etc.

For the new year I have plans to repaint the master and guest bedrooms, I have several pieces of furniture waiting to be painted and a few other projects waiting to be transformed/started. And finally, this blog! I hope that in the new year I can post more often, improve my photography and remember to take 'before' photos. I have a few other ideas I would like to try out as well and a lot will depend on making time for them :)

Another BIG thing I would like to do in 2013 is to continue my efforts to de-clutter, de-clutter, de-clutter! For the past year I have been trying to go through my home and get rid of anything which isn't useful or beautiful (or preferably both) and to stop holding onto things which I might use in the future, but haven't used yet or don't have a specific plan for. I have been inspired by a few things I have read recently to really think about the things I buy - to make sure that there is thought behind the purchase so that this time next year I don't have to repeat the de-cluttering.

So I'd like to wish people a belated Merry Christmas, and an early Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your messages and will try to answer any question you may have, so please, ask away!